Monday, March 31, 2008

Reflections on a Month of Blogging

So, I blogged for a month. There were some nights I got that post in there before midnight by the skin of my teeth. I didn't really have many inspired lists - I only really liked the one about eating dukgalbi - but it was nice to have the commitment to do anything that wasn't showing up to work on a daily basis. I certainly had more than a few super boring posts.

Thing is, I've lived in the same foreign country now that I really do have a boring life. It is harder and harder to come up with amusing expat tales of nearly getting killed in Costco or ending up with the coat of an Air France pilot after a night at the bars these days. I make the odd resolution to try and be more interesting, but like all resolutions of the self improvement variety, it tends to fizzle out rather quickly. Thank god for all those New Years to keep recommitting I guess (if you haven't heard about my resolution making antics, I basically make them for Western New Years, Lunar New Year, Persian New Year, and on and on all year long.)

I had lots of intentions with these lists. One of all the half-written posts in my drafts folder, finally finished. Another about all the travelling I've done and not blogged about (somehow blogging about a trip seems to feel quite chore like, with all the laundry and unpacking and other details that pop up after trips). One about all the children's books I've been reading, another about everything else I've been reading. One about songs and music, since music is key to my getting through long subway rides or endless marking. Somehow, none of it happened.

The upshot is that I think I will try to blog for the entire month of April as well, daily. I'm not sure whether I am going to commit to the theme of Letters, though, since that is optional. If I am going to try it out, I'd like to try and be more creative about it, because the lists got tedious quickly.



Just a quick note to tell you that the daily blogging theme for April is going to be LETTERS.

If you'd like to be on the April blogroll of participants, go to nablopomo.com, click on the Blogrolls tab, and follow the instructions. Happy posting! Post every day for a month. That's all you have to do.

No comments: