Thursday, March 27, 2008

What I Ate Tonight

I have been exhausted. All my own fault - I just keep staying up super late. Reading all of A History of Tractors in Ukranian and watching Lost and other random things, rather than sleeping. Anyway, I've been in such a haze of exhaustion, today felt far more like Tuesday than Thursday, but by the end of it, I was knackered. We had our first monthly tests with the new S1 classes - kids who need to be taught to bubble their tests. Fun, fun, fun. Remarkably, it went okay, but I had my smaller, favourite S1 class. So, by the time I got off work, all intention of doing some grocery shopping was well out the window. Since I couldn't really contemplate yet another night of eggos, I joined Jenn in the "crap food" place that opened up a couple of months ago downstairs. And this is what I got:



1. What I think were chicken nuggets. Really, could have been meat, but maybe not.
2. Some cheese sticks. Not sure they were actually cheese either.
3. What I thought were tatertot-style potatoes, which turned out to be the "chicken nuggets" nestled in a container on top of...
4. Some "Coke", which explains the straw, which had been confusing me.

As Jenn said, one of the funniest things is that they microwave the majority of items and make no effort whatsoever to hide it! The microwave is front and centre, for all the customers to see.

So, not tastely. Will unlikely ever be indulging again. But it certainly beat grocery shopping followed by cooking and dish washing for one night.

No comments: