Monday, March 17, 2008

Too Many Decisions: Steps to Eating Ice Cream at a Coldstone Creamery

It's a rather crappy photo, but I felt too conspicuous taking it to do anything more than take a quick shot, rather than trying to frame it well.

1. Take a menu as soon as you walk in the door.
2. Sit and stare at it for a really, really long time.
3. Make a choice and then change your mind. Repeat at least three times.
4. Waffle cone? Waffle bowl? Chocolate dipped?
5. Spend time figuring out what the sizes mean.
6. Get stuck behind a large group ordering cartons.
7. Order.
8. They scoop the ice cream base.
9. They get all those weird add ins.
10. Now they stop to sing, because some guy has tipped them.
11. Back to ice cream making - they are folding in the ingredients.
12. Ice cream is now made circular.
13. Ball of ice cream is tossed into my waffle cup, which while flashy, breaks it.
14. Pay.
15. Sit down to finally eat.

I went yesterday with Vanessa - I was expecting something completely different. I thought it would be like Haagen-Dazs, rich, creamy ice cream at slightly extortionate prices. I didn't anticipate the mixing and the singing and all the other bells and whistles. And at the end of it all, I wasn't actually that impressed with the ice cream itself.

No comments: