Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When You Charge Things to Your Canadian Visa in Seoul

You get some interesting vendor names on the bill:

SOOJIS RESTAURANT = Sujji's
MAEKKEITJOOSIKHWESA SEOWOOL = I haven't a clue!
BANGGALRO SEOWOOL = Bungalow, Seoul
NEW PILIZ = New Phillies
SOONCHUNHYANGDAEHAKK SEOWOOL = hospital
OLENZITLI SEOWOOL = ???
WOUF DIRNKING PLA = Wolfhound Pub
SOHO HOF = Soho is not at all a hof.
ROFT RESTAURANT = I'm pretty sure they don't even serve food at this bar.

Granted, all those years in Scotland, anyone back home seeing all my charges to BOOTS may have thought I had developed a shoe fetish, when the reality was I spent a lot on shampoo and condoms.

5 comments:

LSL said...

God, I love Boots.

Wait - all those years in Scotland? Is there a post or someplace that explains your wandering past?

Lilly said...

How funny. Boots, yes I lived in Scotland too! Happy New Year.

J.G. said...

Somehow I seem to have missed knowing how important boots are in Scotland. :-)

Amanda said...

LSL -

Amanda said...

LSL - I originally went to Scotland as an exchange student to the University of Edinburgh, where I met a boy and hence moved back and worked in a bank for two years. We then moved to Vancouver for a bit and then went back to Scotland, got married, and then promptly got divorced!