Saturday, December 13, 2008

But They're My Clothes!

I felt like I was copying Martha with last night's outfit. It was exactly what she wore last weekend!

Yesterday was fun, in spite of my extremely exhausted head. Martha and I headed out for brunch after the movie, which was lovely as always. Then Jenn came over to make Christmas cookies and I ended up getting some grocery shopping done at the same time - score!

The Christmas cookie baking was good, as I've been feeling a bit Scrooge-ish this year. Usually I love writing Christmas cards and doing holiday shopping, but this year it just hasn't happened. First off, I bought most of my gifts back before I went home in the summer and though I wasn't finished, I guess I kind of acted as if I was. I just didn't get around to figuring out what else I needed or who I needed to shop for. I also usually love finding bizarre Christmas cards in Korea - but this year I merely used last year's leftovers and pared down the list. Stuff went out on Friday and a few more things will hopefully go out tomorrow, but in general, I've felt a bit uninspired. I wrote some of my Christmas cards in the taxi on the way to the post office, in fact.

Our cookies are incredibly yummy - which is good, because we subsititued half the ingredients because we couldn't get them in my local grocery store and then managed to forget the brown sugar and just used more white sugar instead. There are pics, but I don't think I have time to upload them just now.

After the cookie making, I hopped in the shower to get ready for Melissa's birthday dinner. Martha and I were rather late, as we could not get a cab to save our lives and had to walk. If only we had just started walking at the beginnning, we wouldn't have been late at all. This just goes to show that laziness doesn't pay, I guess. The dinner was at Suji's and a lot of fun - Peter came along, which was great social multi-tasking for me, as I needed to see him before he flew back to Montreal (he's just visiting in a round-Asia trip.) After dinner, Padraic, Martha and I went to Soho, though we were incredibly low-key. Annie came later, but we all left around midnight.

I've had a ton of sleep, after a couple of episodes of the American Office last night, but I'm still crazy tired. However, more brunch, some Insadong, and some trivia are on today's agenda.

I guess I can sleep when I'm dead, right?

1 comment:

MsTypo said...

Christmas cookies fresh from the oven... Mmmmm sounds like a great way to spend a day!! :)