Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2009 TBR Challenge


So, this'd be the one I meant to sign up for last time...

1. At the Point of a Gun, David Rieff
2. How to Read Literature Like a Professor, Thomas C. Foster
3. Ordinary People, Judith Guest
4. The Yacoubian Building, Alaa Al Aswany
5. The Omnivore's Dilemma, Michael Pollan
6. Chronicle of a Death Foretold, Gabriel Carcia Marquez
7. Race Against Time, Stephen Lewis
8. The Gate, Francois Bizot
9. The Truth About Stories, Thomas King
10. The Ethical Imagination, Margaret Somerville
11. Flow, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
12. Swann's Way, In Search of Lost Time Vol. I, Marcel Proust
Alt.1. In Search of Lost Time Vol. II, Marcel Proust
Alt.2. In Search of Lost Time Vol. III, Marcel Proust
Alt.3. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
Alt.4. My Name is Red, Orham Pamuk
Alt.5. What Canadians Think, Darrell Bricker & John Wright
Alt.6. Crimes Against Logic, Jamie Whyte
Alt.7. Riotous Assembly, Tom Sharpe
Alt.8. Epileptic, David B.
Alt.9. Navigating the Golden Compass, Glenn Yeffeth
Alt.10. Pyongyang, Guy Delisle
Alt.11. The Essential 55, Ron Clark
Alt.12. Bodily Harm, Margaret Atwood

4 comments:

MsTypo said...

I'm going to sign up for this challenge closer to its start time in February. That way i can make sure i list the right books and don't read them ahead of time! LOL

Good luck! ;)

Amanda said...

With 24 books to choose from, I figure I can't go too wrong with the list! Besides, I really want to finish every book I own here before August, since I will likely be moving on. There are a few I am saving for my anticipated trip after, but otherwise, everything must be read.

It's a bit daunting, really. Must.stop.buying.books!

Simplicity said...

I am ashamed to say that I have not read any of these books...and I consider myself a reader! Yikes!! I'm going to dust off the cobwebs and crack out some books!

Tara Lamont said...

This looks like a good thing to plan out some reading for the upcoming year - only I'd have more than 12 I'd like to read!