Sunday, October 08, 2006

Movies

I've recently seen The Devil Wears Prada and My Super Ex-Girlfriend. The first I just found kind of bland, the second actually annoyed me. How come Superman is a wonderful guy and G-Girl is crazy? Is the message that women can't handle power? And wasn't it interesting that in a movie with two women with super powers, it's the guy who still manages to save the day?

Then I watched Wolf Creek. Not exactly a tourism ad for the Australian Outback. Again, I thought it was notable that we got to watch the killer torture and kill the two girls and then the guy is finally shown at the end, escaping. Not much really happens to him. The behavoiur of the girls sometimes annoyed me too. The one girl goes into the area to try and get another car and gets distracted climbing down underground ladders and watching home videos? Really???

No comments: