Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Out of the Mouthes of Babes

Today I was doing a writing exercise with my grade 1 students. There were some sentences starters that they had to find creative endings for. One was "If my friend and I could do anything, we would _________." One girl wrote in "marry with girls." So perhaps views in Korea are changing? ;)

Last week, we were doing a free writing game in 5th grade. The teacher calls out words ever 5 minutes or so and the students have to incorporate each word into the story that they are writing. I ended up with stories about a unicorn who goes crazy drunk on champagne and starts a fight and ends up green-faced in the bathroom and one about a lion who invites a lioness out on dates and when he keeps getting rejected goes crazy and starts a fight with a bear and then ends up eating the narrator of the story.

Apparently adding in the word crazy leads to some amusing stories.

No comments: