Tuesday, August 28, 2007

EZlocker is false advertising...



This past weekend, I almost lived in Geckos. I went down to Seoul on Friday night, pretty late. No real plans, just thought I'd do more on Saturday if I was already in the city, rather than still an hour subway away. I bumped into Benson, so I wandered into Geckos, where I met up with Peter, the Irishman on a bender. How he was even functional having just arrived from Ireland and a series of bad connections so that he had been travelling for about 48 hours straight, I don't know. However, I spent all Saturday afternoon and evening drinking with him too, so he certainly has impressive stamina.

Sunday I met up with Joel in Insadong for a late lunch. We went to Agio's, the restaurant that Kim introduced me to within the first couple of months of my first year in Korea. The cheesy baked pasta is still heavenly. We then wandered into a tea shop and spent hours chatting about everything and anything. Four months is a long time to catch up on.

Since we had both been staying at friends' places in Seoul, we both had bags. Being fairly low-maintenance, I just packed a couple of pairs of clean undies, a toothbrush, make-up, deodorant, and a second shirt into my purse. Joel had a couple of bags, which he had left in the EZlockers in the subway.

EZ my ass! Apparently it had taken ten people to help him get the bags in and it took three to help us get the bags out, after a phone conversation to the help desk! The lockers require you to input a cell phone number, get a password, pay with your T-Money card, and basically follow more steps than a brain surgeon does in a lobotomy.

And in spite of all that, Emart was still open when I got back to Koyang at 11pm, so I finally own some cleaning prodcuts. Woo!

2 comments:

Banannas said...

LOL...what the hell? how are you using the silly lockers? i just use my t-money card and it's a cinch...maybe i'm just better at flirting with the machines though...i saw a korean girl have major problems with the lockers once as well...

Amanda said...

It wasn't me! It was Joel! But I haven't a clue how to flirt with lockers...