Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm going to starve to death... or not...

In Korea, things happen fast. Buildings are ripped down and go up and businesses suceed and fail in amazingly short time spans.

Sadly, the galbi restaurant in our building is gone. We have been eating there 1-2 times a week since I got here, so not only is it sad, I may have just lost my only source of weekly protein!

Across the intersection, a Baskin Robins has now joined the Dunkin' Donuts and Mr. Pizza. Are people in Korea trying to make me fat??? Except that I may be the only person saved from weight gain by laziness - I am too lazy to cross the intersection and it isn't on my way to anywhere. That said, I have a mocha every single day from Magos and will even be the receiptient of a free coffee this friday. I don't want any comments telling me the calorie value of a mocha or how much I could save per year by making my coffee by myself. Life is about the little luxuries and it doesn't get more luxurious than a really well-made coffee with just enough chocolate to sweeten it, but not enough to take away that bitter coffee taste.

In other food related news, Mr. Joo bought us kimchee mandu. Yum. It was even spicier than normal, so I have been drinking water, and of course peeing, like crazy all evening.

In non-food related news, I bought another pair of earrings. To hell with creating pigs with extra livers and hearts, it's about time the mad scientists of the world got together and started working on a method for growing extra sets of ears. I am going to need them to display all my Korean earring purchases. I am a bit afraid that I am starting to get a little too familiar with the bling...

Also, Julie has mad skills with The Claw. I certainly know who to ask for a light.

No comments: