Friday, October 24, 2008

Time Is Elastic

Some days, if I have 15 minutes until I absolutely need to be at work (we have this mandatory half hour prep before our first class which isn't as mandatory as it appears and in the last couple of weeks I've been breezing in with just enough time to turn on my aircon, grab my attendance and maybe do a quick bit of photocopying before teaching, all in just five minutes or less), I can't get anything accomplished. Fifteen minutes isn't enough time to do anything more than grab a bottle of water or juice at the 7-11 before legging it into the building. Today, somehow, I managed to mail two packages, get a sandwich and a coffee, buy some shampoo and get a bottle of LifeWater. I felt like an errand running superstar.

Then I marked tests all day, which kinda got rid of all the joy in life. And I've still got a class of marking and two classes worth of report cards to do. Meh.

But it's the weekend, so fuck that. I'm off to see pretty coloured leaves in Seoraksan, a national park about three hours from here. Should be lovely, once I get past the fact that I will have to wake up at 6 a.m. I'm not sure I know that 6 a.m. still exists if you go to bed before then.

I guess I'm about to find out.

No comments: