Monday, June 08, 2009

Noisy Mornings Should Be Illegal

All I wanted to do this weekend was get a little sleep. I've given up on getting a lot of sleep on weekends, or even enough sleep. But a little would be nice.

I didn't go out Friday, but I still stayed up until about 5 a.m. F is leaving soon and we've been spending a lot of time together. So when the air raid siren went off at 9 a.m., I was not a happy camper. In spite of North Korea's recent posturing and the fact that the normal tests for the air raid sirens are on the 15th, I was too tired to wonder if I should worry, even though the sound of planes filled the air next. Turns out it was for a holiday - some sort of Independence Day. (I should know that sort of stuff, shouldn't I?)

I went down to Songtan (though I did keep my clothes on)* to hash OBH3 and I actually ran almost the entire thing. I'd be feeling prouder if it weren't for the fact that my damn shins hurt. I think it might be time to buy new running shoes. Then DSD and I came back up to Seoul for Alex's goodbye party. We didn't make dinner because nobody wanted to smell us, but after showers we met the group at Queen. I partied for the first time in HBC on a Saturday night, spending most of my time in Ssen eating a blowpop.

Sunday morning, after maybe two hours of sleep, I was rudely awakened by a jackhammer. At 8 in the morning. Evilness! However, I sort of drifted in a semi-sleep state, before finally giving up and going to Itaewon. Visited the bookstore (that book ban has failed about twenty times so far!) and then went to Wolfhound where we won the trivia. Woot! Glad I know my playwrights.

*That's a reference to a hashing song.

No comments: