Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dudes, I'm Just Chillin'

It was pretty bright, up on the rainbow bridge tonight
I could see into your window although you’re far away
You were racing in a car
Beside a boy, you just don’t know
If he is up for what you have in mind
If he is up for what you have in mind

Change is on the cards, but this time it will be hard
But I never want to leave you
We’ve never had a fight
You should never split a pole
You should never split at all
I wish I had two paths I could follow
I’d write the ending without any sorrow

I will say a prayer, just while you are sitting there
I will wrap my arms around you
I know it will be fine
We've got a fantasy affair
We didn’t get wet. We didn’t dare.
Our aspirations are wrapped up in books
Our inclinations are hidden in looks

Summer’s hastening on
I’m trying to get a feeling from
The city, but I’ve been unfaithful
I’ve been traveling abroad

We’ve got a fantasy affair
We didn’t get wet, we didn’t dare
But the fantasy remains
You better come back to earth again

Our aspirations are wrapped up in books
Our inclinations are hidden in looks
I have seldom had such a pleasant day at work. I mean, I know the evilness of some of the classes to come, so there is that. However, so far I've taught two classes full of the kind of students that make me remember why I like teaching, had Indian for lunch with a coworker (and bitched about our hagwon, but really, that's sort of fun), spent a half hour with the most serious and sweetly-dedicated kindergartener, went to the bank and had it take less than 20 minutes, walked down through along the tree and plant lined streets in the sunny listening to Belle and Sebastian to pick up my third coffee of the day.

No comments: