1. What future Soviet dictator was training to be a priest when he got turned on to Marxism? A: Joseph Stalin.
2. What single name is more commonly applied to Holy Roman Emperor Charles the Great? A: Charlemagne.
3. Who was the last president of the Soviet Union? A: Mikail Gorbachev.
4. Who held the office of prime minister of Great Britain longer than any other person in the 20th century? A: Margaret Thatcher
5. Who volunteered in the American Red Cross during the Spanish Civil War, where he was wounded from a mortar shell explosion and subsequently cared for by an American nurse? A: Ernest Hemmingway
6. Who was the Teddy Bear named after when he refused to kill a defenseless bear cub while on a hunting trip in Mississippi? A: Theodore Roosevelt
7. Who rode naked on a horse through the streets of Coventry to persuade her husband, Earl of Mercia, to reduce oppressive taxes? Lady Godiva
8: What famous Swiss citizen said of nuclear bombs: "If I had known, I would have become a watchmaker"? A: Albert Einstein.
9: Which Italian astronomer invented the thermometer in 1592? A: Galileo.
10: Which woman, born a slave, was known as "the Moses of her people"? A: Harriet Tubman
1. Where is the tallest known geological formation? A: Mars (Olympus Mons)
2. What continent is subjected to the world's largest ozone hole? A: Antarctica.
3. Where did the pineapple plant originate? A: In South America. It didn't reach Hawaii until the early nineteenth century.
4. Archaeologists believe they have located the burial site of Boudicca (Boadicea), the queen who led a bloody revolt against Roman rule in the first century A.D. Where is it? A: Under Platform 8 of the King's Cross Railway Station in London.
5. What name is given to the popular holiday area between Marseille and La Spezia? A: French Riviera / Cote d' Azur
6. What was the ancient city, carved out of red rock in Jordan, which was forgotten by Europeans until the 19th century? A: Petra.
7. Which Arctic country's Finnish name is Lapin Li? A: Lapland
8. What was the city of Edo renamed in 1869? A: Tokyo.
9. What island nation is a must for anyone wishing to see 40 species of lemurs? A: Madagascar.
10. What desert do Botswana, Namibia and South Africa have in common?
A: The Kalahari.
1. What was a gladiator armed with, in addition to a dagger and spear? A: A net.
2. What famous document begins: "When in the course of human events..."? A: The Declaration of Independence.
3. What's most likely to occur when your diaphragm goes into spasms? A: Hiccups.
4. Which is the only rock that floats in water? A: pumice.
5. Approximately how old is the earth? A: The earth is about 4.5 billion years old.
6. What's a polygon with four unequal sides called? A: A quadrilateral.
7. Name one of the two cities that have the oldest stadiums in major league baseball. A: Boston and Detroit
8. What NBA team is known in China as "the Red Oxen"? A: The Chicago Bulls.
9. What follows mass as the most popular activity in U.S. Catholic churches? A: Bingo.
10. Which Lewis Carroll book was banned in China after censors decided that "animals should not use human language"? A: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
1. What color is a polar bear’s skin? Black
2. What sea creature can have an eye measuring 16 inches across, the largest in the animal kingdom? A: A squid.
3. What animal’s milk is used to make authentic Italian mozzarella cheese? A: The water buffalo's.
4. What tree-dwelling ape is known to Malaysians as the "person of the forest"?
A: The orangutan.
5. How many poisonous birds are there in the world--1, 10, or 100? A: One.
6. What barnyard animal can get sunburned? A: The pig.
7. What sea mammal's upper lip moves much like the trunk of an elephant?
A: The manatee's.
8. What living organism can be 30 times the size of a blue whale?
A: A giant sequoia.
9. What was the first bird domesticated by humans? A: the goose
10. Which animal has its eyes placed in such a way that it can see all four of its legs at the same time? A: the donkey
1. Young Frankenstein
2. The Lost Boys
3. The Game
4. Boyz N the Hood
5. The Shawshank Redemption
6. The Craft
7. Crocodile Dundee
8. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
9. My Fair Lady