Friday, July 06, 2007

No Way, No Mama

After teasing Candy for riding Jolee's junk (HK joke) and telling her how tired I was, she asked if I was still enjoying being an aunt after a week of touristyness.

My response? I love being an aunt and I'm ready to book an appointment to have my tubes tied.

But seriously - I don't think this mama business is for me. I reserve the right to change my mind in the future, natch, but I just don't see it. I like kids, I am good with kids, I have lots of opinions about how best to raise kids (that last one was a joke, kinda). But what I don't think I'd like for a second is to have my life involve kids of my own. I love my life. Love it! I don't want it to change in its broad outlines and kids are just so not compatible with the things in my life that I love.

And add that to my horror about even the idea of being pregnant and giving birth... I was gassed to have a cavity filled, folks. And I am hugely weirded out by the idea of the bits of my body that I presently use for fun being used for their natural purposes as pertains to childbirth/childcare. (Note, not by other people doing this, obviously. I think breastfeeding and childbirth as a general concept sound like the most wonderful, natural things in the world. But applied to me - ahhhh!)

No comments: