Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I went and saw it today, in Bolton's new movie theatre. Weird, Bolton having a movie theatre. It's something they've been talking about for years-I remember the days of watching movies in James Bolton School gym, put on by the PTA (so, my mom was involved!). And I seem to recall some sort of similar thing in the Courtyards (now jokingly called the Graveyards, since none of the stores seem to last, though the new Thai restaurant isn't bad, for Bolton). You can tell the place has only been open a week - all the kids working there are so s-l-o-w. I hadn't had breakfast, so I was going to grab some poutine from the New York Fries. After waiting 10 minutes, it turns out that they hadn't even cut the fries or something and they were going to take 50 minutes to make. So, I was offered a refund and free popcorn and chocolate. Not bad, I guess, though not exactly nutritionally the best breakfast ever.

The movie - it was good. There were some cool wizard battles, I loved Dumbledore's Army, the actors did well. But, as with all Harry Potter movies, I have two main problems. First, they are never going to be anywhere near as exciting as the books because I already know the end. I know how everything works out. Second, they aren't as exciting because nothing they can put in the movie is as scary as I had imagined it when reading the books. Things like the Dementors are bound to be disappointing.


Find out your Harry Potter personality at LiquidGeneration!

No comments: