Saturday, July 21, 2007

For those who might not follow the comments...

I am deeply concerned that after reading my post about knickknacks you all may now be picturing me buying Precious Moments figurines. Not the kind of knickknacks I'm talking about.

I mean wooden Buddha heads and fancy Asian jewellery boxes and scrolls to put on the wall and enough fancy chopsticks to throw a banquet for a hundred or so. Lots of stuff with elephants on it. Asian style knickknacks.

So far my figurine range doesn't go past Buddhas, an elephant thingy, and one of those penis-head statues from Jejudo.

Perhaps I should have used a different word? Some of it is sort of in the range of art, but certainly not all. Some of it is maybe more in the area of handicrafts. Dunno.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have ALWAYS thought of you as a precious moments type of girl and after reading that post, I had run out and bought 5 for you for birthdays and Christmases to come ;) I mean, really, what could say Amanda more than a little figurine of an Angel, watering a garden, labeled "May your faith grow with daily care"? I think anyone who knows you was NOT thinking those types of items, which I personally think of as 'gewgaws' or 'money flushed town the toilet'! However, each to his own...