Monday, December 18, 2006

Yay!

People are getting their Christmas packages in time! I had worried they would be late, but I've heard now that two have already made it to their destinations.

What I love about Christmas overseas is that it somehow reminds me just how special gift-giving can be. I love giving gifts even more than I like receiving them - from buying them to mailing them to getting emails that they got there. It's so much fun.

And when you get gifts that have to come through the mail, it is just so.damn.exciting. I am patiently waiting till Christmas day to open them. And I've just made plans to call my nieces on Christmas morning. It makes me all teary-eyed just thinking about it.

There is no room for Scrooge in an overseas Christmas. Everything Christmasy is wonderful.

No comments: