Monday, September 03, 2007

September Meme

This is very apt - I've never lost that sense of the year starting in September, right after Labour Day, when school is back in. And my new semester just started.

1) This is the beginning of September, what do you want to accomplish by the 31st? I have the Alien Card in the bag, so I would say that I want a cell phone and to go run my errands at the post office early next week. And I want to buy a toaster oven and a bath mat. I think that's it, really.

2) What does September make you think about or feel? Crisp fall days, the smell of new books, a sense of committing to new beginnings, getting older.

3) September is the ninth month; can you name nine memories so far from this year?
- January: Thailand with Sheila, especially the zipline; aquisition of the Air France jacket.
- February: Horse masks and Bikini Inspectors at Lunar New Year, Champagne and dominoes, slow beer drinking.
- March: Messy desk and the arm injury that caused more drama than it merited.
- April: My fabulous spin-the-bottle goodbye party.
- May: Fab times in HK with Candace, especially Jumbo & the giant martinis and the great Indian food.
- June: Surprising the parents with my arrival back in Canada (ok, that might have been end of May, I'm not good with dates) and meeting Chloe for the first time.
- July: The Toronto tourism extravaganza with the girls and dinners with Jas.
- August: Walking back into Geckos and hearing Mike yell "Amanda" - the biggest Cheers moment ever.
- September: I'm working on it!

4) What does September have in common with three other months and can you name them?
- It has -ber at the end? October, November, December. I guess they all indicate the number in the name as well. Perhaps that's a better answer. Something to do with the Julian calendar?

5) The first weekend in September signals the end of summer for many even though it doesn’t really end for weeks. When does summer end for you? When I have to take a sweater out at night so as not to get cold.

No comments: