Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's a funny world...

...where you can keep an eye on your ex through his blog.

After ladies' night on Thursday, I came home and had a bizarre drunken impulse to check my email and ended up IMing the ex. Or soon to be ex.

He has been upset about the fact that something he did might be the topic of discussion between myself and someone else. And I keep telling him that frankly, I don't find him that fascinating to be talking about him all the time, but that he certainly doesn't get to tell me what I can and can't say to my friends. Even when we were together I wouldn't have tolerated him telling me what topics were allowable and what topics weren't. I certainly won't be letting my soon-to-be exhusband to tell me what to do in any way. Which isn't to say that I intend to discuss this particular subject at all, but it annoys me that he thinks he can constantly harrass me on IM about what he wants and that I'm going to listen. I mean, entitlement much?

You know, if we could wipe the slate clean of our exes, I am sure some of us would. I don't really need to. I was the one who left and it was the best decision I have made in some time and I'm super happy with my life right now. But, his actions do still sometimes impact me. And so I may well discuss him and what he does. That's life after a breakup, I guess.

But the most amusing part? He blogs all about values and how his are just fine. Which is all well and good, I suppose. I think his values are just fine. But I think mine are too, and I am sure it was meant to be a dig at me. However, my ex should remember that it wasn't me that got involved in the Jerry Springer-esque situation that he now wants me to never talk about. Dude, get out of the kitchen if you can't handle the heat. You started this, it does sort of impact me, and I'll discuss it with whoever I choose. And you can stop harrassing me on IM about it and anything else.

Yes, I've said I am quite willing to be friendly. But you have yet to ever be friendly towards me and I'm not gonna be a doormat.

2 comments:

Joyfulone said...

Whoo! You go girl!

Uhm... why not block him on IM so he can't see when you're online? Then you can keep him blocked of unblock him if you're up for talking.

I blocked and deleted my ex! I don't even want to know when he's online.
However, we weren't married... so I guess I can see how you'd want to keep in touch - even when the going gets tough!

xx

hang in there.

Jen said...

I'm with Candace. Time to block him, although I suppose there's still legal matters to get through? Still, you could do that via email. And there's no need to discuss anything that has to do with 'values'. He's hardly one to judge, so just ignore his post. I doubt anyone reads his blog anyways! He certainly doesn't have YOUR readership/fan base ;)