Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The days fly by...

It is already Thursday, though the wee hours of the morn, which means the weekend is almost here! Yay! (This makes it sound as if I don't like my job. I mostly do. I don't like my boss, but I haven't seen him much lately, which definitely improves my mood.)

Monday we had Julie's leaving lunch. I (heart) the Sizzler salad bar. Guacamole, people! Salmon! Bring it! We also got to meet Lee and Deana and they are very, very cool. I think they'll be fun to work with. Monday evening proved to be an evening of discussion with friends. I chatted with a friend from Scotland who I haven't been talking to in awhile and it was great to speak with her again. I'd really missed her. There aren't many people who I feel so in tune with and share so much history with. I ended up going to bed at 7am. It was pure craziness.

Tuesday was Julie's last day at work. I spent most of my prep time randomly sorting through crap on her desk. There was stuff there going back to 2003! Why don't people clean out their desks before they leave? Am I the only one who loves to go and trash all the unnecessary stuff and tie up all the loose ends? I got a pack of Dentyne gum out of it, that has been there at least 6 months. I am sure gum doesn't expire though. It better not, anyway. We got together for her last pizza night. The gang was there, along with the newest Heritage gang members. Just wait til we tell them about the required tats!

Today has been a bit odd. Lee is in Amber's desk. Julie didn't smoke a cig on the walk home. I had a new class, which I quite liked, but have lost some cute students (though I wasn't too fond of teaching them, to be honest). I was vaguely productive-made it to the bank to pay my bills, but didn't manage to make it to the post office. I guess that's the plan for this morning.

Laura and I decided to make dinner together so we headed to HomePlus. My beloved Giordanos had a sweater on sale, so I will be toasty warm this winter I think. I also picked up some hilarious presents for Andrea and David. Can't wait to send them!!! I did a major shop, as always spending more on cheese than on everything else combined. The purpose of the trip was to get chicken, brocoli and potatoes. Then Laura cooked us a "mom" meal. Chicken, mashed potatoes and veg. Yummy. Then I got peckish later and made myself a banana split, which totally takes me back to childhood. I even mashed the ice cream up at the end and mixed it with the chocolate syrup.

No comments: