Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I've Been Tagged!

And it's the first time it's ever happened! And by someone really cool - Blue at the Gimp Parade.

Why do you blog?

I started off blogging because I had one friend whose blog I loved reading and I was working a temp job where I had nothing to do. I was so bored and figuring out how to set everything up gave me something to do. Also, since I live a long plane ride away from my family all the time, it seemed a nice way for them to keep up with my life. Which it is, but then they never email me with their news! Now, I blog just because I do. I am constantly thinking of things to blog about, as weird little things happen to me throughout the day. And partly, it replaces my travel journals - I still write in an actual journal sometimes, but not as prolifically as I used too.

How long have you been blogging?

April 7, 2004 was my first real post. I have older posts because I took old emails and turned them into posts from previous trips I took.

Self-portrait.

Taken with my webcam and conclusively proving I haven't the faintest clue about how to take pics with my webcam.





Why do readers read your blog?

Most of my readers (i think) are friends and family. And I'm guessing they read mostly because I'm such a lazy emailer! I wish I could say it was for my witty and intellectual banter, but I am the sort of person who blogs about socks and gum and stuff like that.

What was the last search phrase someone used to get to your site?

"pics" "new glasses" -male site:blogspot.com
calientes club itaewon
jjim
"temp agency" "series of tests"

(okay, so that wasn't just the last. but it made me curious about what sort of searches lead to me!)

Which of your entries unjustly gets too little attention?

The one about socks. Definitely. Cause those really were the most rockin' socks ever.

Your current favorite blog:

I love reading my friends' blogs to keep up with them and probably the most prolific are Greg and Sam. Aside from that, I've been keeping up with Avast!, The Gimp Parade, Frog Blog and The Ditsy Chronicles. I am slowly adding more blogs to my daily reading, but it takes me awhile.

What blog did you read most recently?

Ditsy. Cause it's damn funny.

Which feeds do you subscribe to?

I have just started trying out Bloglines. I am not sure what I think yet.

What four blogs are you tagging with this meme, and why?

Gregorian Rants, This is my Brain on Graduate School, Buntie, and Doctor in the Larval Stage. Because they were the first four people who came to mind.

No comments: