Friday, April 16, 2010

Seoul Forest

I don't know if it was the sun, the fact that we were on a field trip, or what, but this is the closest I've gotten to having a day off when being at work. Perhaps I am more suited to teaching kindie than I thought, because like the kids I felt like I'd been let out of prison to run around in the sun. It was a great day. We did some slightly boring looking at flowers, which could have been cool had more been out. After that though, the fun began. First there was the picnic. Now, at Poly School, picnics consisted only of school provided kimbap. Our kids bring their own food though and then they share - liberally. I'm pretty sure I ate a piece of every mom's homemade kimbap or ubu chobap and a ton of fruit too. Plus, some moms bring in food made for the teachers - we needed about 20 more people to do justice to that spread. Then we ran around and played - tag, monster, hide and seek. Finally, we wandered over to a playground with a big, fast slide, some climbing bits and a cool large wire person thingy. I took a lot of photos, as the combo of the fact that I have the best camera and it gives me something to do when everyone else is speaking Korean has made me the school photographer. I'm pretty sure it's a legal requirement that schools take 80 million pictures of each child in Korea. Good times. I was exhausted and a bit pinkish in the face by the end, but it was a lovely, lovely Friday. Here's hoping the field trips stay this good.























































No comments: