Friday, January 01, 2010

Ghosts of New Years' Eves Past

I've been trying to remember what I've done on New Year's Eves in the past. Here's what I recall:

1. A party in Bolton at Neil Avery's house. What I actually remember best is walking home across the fields of James Bolton/Humberview in the snow.

2. Dancing on the beach in Borocay with Ortencia.

3. Full Moon Party on Koh Phanagn with Sheila.

4. At home, sick.

5. With Alan, at home in Bolton, him jetlagged.

6. My first Hogmanay, Edinburgh's street party, with a tour of people from Australia and New Zealand.

7. Hogmanay with my brother - street party once again.

8. Hogmanay with A & D and Alan - the year we missed the fireworks, but could see their shadows on the tenements and A & D kissed for what felt like years.

9. Vancouver with A & D, Alan, Jen. At home.

10. In Korea, house party at Martha's.

11. This year, once again not out.

I can't recall any others.

No comments: