Sunday, January 04, 2009

Draining

December is often spoken of as a draining month - the holidays, the stress, the pressure to have a perfect New Year's or an exceptional Christmas, the emotions if you are far away from home, the extra errands, the increased expense.

My December was draining. Not all of the emotions were bad, by far, but they were all very intense. In particular, it has been such an intense couple of weeks. Regardless of all the fun, I'm tired out.

January I find as draining. Each year, at least a part of me wants to hibernate from here on in until the weather gets warmer. I want to recoup my energy after the holidays and try and stay rested and happy during the dreaded Intensives. I know, it's so whiny to complain about having to work less than 8 hours a day, but I have to start my day at 9 a.m.! I have to commute during commuting hours! I don't like it at all.

In particular, there's been some high drama in my life lately - if you know me, that's no real surprise. I have for sure been as much a participant in the dramas as everyone else involved, but I really feel a need to dial it down for now, as much of it as I can. I'm a bit too tired to deal just now.

That said, I also find that January really does make me want to get out there and become a better me. I've made resolutions and I am all gung-ho to join a gym and do more cultural things and take more photos and be more creative and read more books and eat more vegetables and expand my social circle and, and, and!

So, basically this post is to say that either I want to be a slug in January or I want to do about 8 million things all at once.

Yep. That's January for ya.

No comments: