Tuesday, January 06, 2009

2009 - The Year of Health?

Back around about Christmas, my friend Liz dubbed 2009 the Year of Health. She wants to quit smoking and get fit, as she feels at now that she is in her 30s, it's now or never. Considering my recent ill health, it seemed a good idea to jump on the health bandwagon.

Unfortunately, I can't jump high enough yet! I have some obvious health goals on the 101 in 1001 list - exercise, more attentive eating, sleep, and the like. So far, I can't pretend I've made any strides - though I have largely given up drinking. Only to replace it with a bit more social smoking that I used to do. Ooops.

Today I had to teach a discussion class around the topic of good health. I was eating leftover pie for breakfast because I don't have anything else that is portable and there is no time for breakfast in my morning schedule right now. Hilarious. Though I did bring lunch today and it's much better and I even bought a bunch of V8 yesterday. I also have plans to join Shawn's gym, just as soon I as I no longer have to be at work by 9 a.m., which I continue to find basically torture. I am a night owl and no matter how hard I try, I seem to get to bed around 2 a.m. and as such am just about the sleepiest person alive. Except in the evenings, naturally, when I feel like I could stay awake all night.

I was all grown up and responsible last night. Went grocery shopping, cooked an actual meal, did my dishes, washed my laundry and did a quick tidy.

Granted, then I watched three episodes of CSI while Facebooking.

2 comments:

Lilly said...

Oh I know the feeling. Its hard but thats the fun of it all I guess. I am a night owl too but am trying hard to go to bed earlier than usual. The mornings are a wonderful time of the day and the change is kind of fun too! Good luck with it all!

Ray said...

4 cups of coffee and the smoking is probably not a great health start to 2009, you're almost better drinking every night!

The smoking would probably kill you faster anyways!