Sunday, May 21, 2006

Movies and fun


So, I went to see the Da Vinci Code today. I wasn't a huge fan of the book. But the movie wasn't bad.

I have a cold. I guess that comes with the territory when you teach kids and live in such a polluted city. And perhaps my lifestyle doesn't help ;) Too little sleep, weird eating habits, a love of the free drinks at the Loft on a Thursday night...

And I do love the Loft. Thursdays are the best part of the weekend, in spite of the need to go to work the next day. It isn't just cause the drinks are free either. It's because the other girls there are so friendly. I always end up talking to new people and having a great time. The pics from this past Thursday are hysterically funny. And then there is the whole dancing on the tables fun.

Aside from that, it hasn't been too crazy a weekend. I met a friend at Geckos on Friday and then went and hung out in Brixx in Hongdae. It is the most amazingly laid back place to drink. And the shots are so creatively named!

Saturday Athena, Lucia and I had lunch/dinner with their friend Pedro, who is really cool. Then we sat in Gecko's Garden and drank some sangria. Anther laid back place. The weather is perfect for it right now. We went to Brixx, Tinpans and briefly went dancing at Stompers. But I was glad of the early evening, cause the cold is driving me mad.

I want to be healthy for the coming weekend, after all, as it's Athena's last. And Julie has even signed a contract promising to come out to Ladies Night :)

No comments: