Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wanna Quiz Along at Home?

Whether you might want to or not, I'm too damn tired to write anything else today. Answers to follow.

First Lines

1. "Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything truly wrong, he was arrested."
2. "Of man's first disobedience, and the fruit
Of that forbidden tree, whose mortal taste
Brought death into the world, and all our woe,
With loss of Eden."
3. "It was a pleasure to burn."
4. "In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since."
5. "A screaming comes across the sky."
6. "This is not for you."
7."Half way along the journey of our life, I found myself again in a dark wood, Where the straight road no longer lay"
8. "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."
9."The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
10. "I am a sick man . . . I am a spiteful man."

Current Events
1. What was the drug, allegedly administered to Michael Jackson by his doctor, that may have killed him?
2. Which Formula One driver suffered a near fatal 150mph crash this week?
3. Which Head of State was hospitalized this week? For a bonus point, how did his wife arrive at the hospital?
4. The growing trend among Japanese men for shunning career employment and competition and avoiding marriage has led to its adherents being given what nickname?
5. What are the names of President Obamas Middle-East envoy and the Palestinian Chief Negotiator?
6. How has an official limousine gotten the German Health Minister into trouble this week?
7. What name has been given to the conspiracy theorists who allege that Barack Obama is not an American citizen, despite massive evidence to the contrary?
8. Rock legend Jimi Hendrix’s first recording contract was put up for auction in New York this week. How much was it worth?
9. In Football, Barcelona traded 40 million pounds and striker Samuel E’to for which Inter Milan player?
10. Farmers in the East Indian state of Bihar have taken what extreme step to induce the weather gods to bring a badly needed monsoon?

Words of the Recently Dead
1. I regret that, in our attempt to establish some standards, we didn't make them stick. We couldn't find a way to pass them on to another generation, really.

2. Neither conscience nor sanity itself suggests that the United States is, should or could be the global gendarme.

3. He sent you a priest, a rabbi and a quaker, Mr President, not to mention his son Jesus Christ. What do you want from him?

4.You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person, but every once in a while, you can be a real cunt.

5.When I saw their horrified eyes and their missing toenails, my comfortable life as a lawyer came to an end.

6. [Discussing peacocks]:
You see those things... don't think I'm being daft... but them things that look like eyes, are they their real eyes?

7.I've done far worse than kill you, Admiral. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her; marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet... buried alive! Buried alive...!

8.I made a terrible mistake when I was young, I think, from which I've never really recovered. I wrote the word "pause" into my first play.

9. What we've got here is a failure to communicate.

10.If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?

1 comment:

LSL said...

This was fun! For First Lines, I know number one and I should know number eight. I've read it but I forget. I suck, I know.