Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Monday!

I had such a nice, lazy weekend. Yes, yes, there are about a millions things I should have gotten accomplished. That part was not so good, I guess. However, I went home Friday night and I put on Harold & Kumar Go to Whitecastle (and wished very much I had some of what they were smoking), ate chili with hotdogs (I am making quite the concerted effort to clean out those cupboards), and then started the book club novel, City of Thieves. It turned out to be absolutely fantastic - the incredible discriptions of how cold and hungry they are during the seige of Leningrad, I actually turned off my air-con for a bit. Best novel I've ever read about a quest for a dozen eggs. Then I slept in Saturday, made myself a fantastic omlette, plowed through Lunch Money (kids' book and really quite good) and started in on Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrel, in between naps. I finally watched Babel - fantastic scenery - and all that searching for a connection was poignant (especially after Catcher in the Rye, which is about a search for connection, but I don't much like the book). I went to bed fairly early, woke in time to shower and head to Flying Pan Blue for some fabulous Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and then over to Bunglow to drink margaritas, talk about the book, and squish sand through my toes. We went to pick the next book (The Yiddish Policemen's Union) which I already own and I traded in books (so sort of an errand run). I then ran a real errand and dropped my happy coat off to be embroidered before heading to hang with a tiny group of hashers at Sam Ryan. The evening ended with ice cream. I have to say, it was a pretty damn great weekend. More on my recent (and more action packed) weekends sometime this week... I've been procrastinating.

How can you not love a song that mentions Minoans?

No comments: