Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goodbye, Amanda G!

Another Amanda is leaving and it feels like I only just really started to get to know her. That's life as an expat I guess.



My only pic from the Sunday night dinner.




Friday night Indian food - it was delicious, plus we got free chai and extra naan. Can't complain! I took off early, as I'm trying to save money, and walked home. As I was walking, I was pondering how I'd miss that, walking home late, alone, with no worries, when I leave Seoul. And then it occurred to me that I have always walked home alone, in Bolton, Kingston, Edinburgh, Toronto, and Vancouver. The difference in Seoul is how confident I am that it is safe. I can't quite figure out if it is actually THAT much safer here, or if I just perceive it to be safer. Either way, it's really lovely to be able to wander home, listening to my iPod and scoping out the night for interesting photos.

Sunday night was lasagna night. I cooked and Laura provided the cheese and other ingredients from base. It's so nice to be able to make food in an oven. It was several hours of awesome conversation, red wine, and good food.

I went over for a couple of hours of chatting and getting free shit (woot! free shit!) on Monday night, but I had to skip out on wings night last night, due to extreme exhaustion. I'm never tired at night but 3-4 hours of sleep at night does not cut it. I didn't go to bed particularly early, though I think the chilling helped regardless.

1 comment:

LSL said...

That top pic is rad :)