Wednesday, August 13, 2008

If There Isn't, There Should Be One

This is the word I anticipated describing me this week:

faineant \fay-nay-AWN\, adjective:

1. Doing nothing or given to doing nothing; idle; lazy.
2. A do-nothing; an idle fellow; a sluggard.
I'm not sure there is a word to describe an individual who has to run around the world, getting $50 bits of paper with stamps on them (some of them $50 bits of paper with stamps authenticating the other $50 bits of paper with stamps on them) that take less time to come up with than it takes Emily to flush a toilet, but there should be because that has been the reality.

Granted, this is still an improvement, because this is the world that describes what I often did in my past year at Poly, with perhaps the exception of March to June:

repine \rih-PINE\, intransitive verb:

1. To feel or express discontent.
2. To long for something.

No comments: