Thursday, October 03, 2013

Review: The Complete Stories


The Complete Stories
The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



A Good Man Is Hard To Find and The Life You Save May Be Your Own were 5-star reads. In general, I liked all of the stories minus the ones that later went on to be part of Wise Blood, which I have to admit, I wasn't really all that fond of. I think had I read this collection more slowly, over large periods of time, I might have liked it more. It's a bit intense and depressing to read all at once, but so far that's just how I read on my Kindle. I found it interesting to compare The Geranium and Judgement Day, since they begin and end the collection and have the same plot outline - but the latter is far more grim. Overall, I feel like I learned quite a lot about a specific time period in the South that I know little about and enjoyed doing so, though at the end I felt a bit like I was just trying to plow through to the end.



View all my reviews

No comments: