Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Readability

I was thinking of a totally different blog entry I was thinking of writing and I stumbled across this website about how easily read something is. Basically, what I write falls between the TV Guides/The Bible/Mark Twain and Reader's Digest in terms of difficulty of reading. The average forth grader ought to be able to follow along. Here's what it said about my blog:

Readability Results
The following table contains the readability results for http://life-suitcase.blogspot.com

Reading Level Results Summary Value
Total sentences 342
Total words 1884
Average words per Sentence 5.51
Words with 1 Syllable 1250
Words with 2 Syllables 408
Words with 3 Syllables 165
Words with 4 or more Syllables 61
Percentage of word with three or more syllables 12.00%
Average Syllables per Word 1.49
Gunning Fog Index 7.00
Flesch Reading Ease 75.29
Flesch-Kincaid Grade 4.13

No comments: