Monday, April 14, 2008

Couples Meme

This meme has been wandering around the internets. I saw it on Frog and Bomboniera's blogs and thought it would be amusing to answer the questions as a single person.

1. How long have you been together?

Me, myself and I have been hanging around the planet for 29 years and 51 weeks.

2. Who pursued who?

Well, I've been trying to figure out who I am and what I want to do with my life for many years. So, I guess I am actively pursuing myself.

3. Do you wear any type of wedding/commitment ring?

No, obviously. The only jewellery I wear regularly is my watch. I have a favourite necklace right now that reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night. I wear lots of silver earrings, but only on the weekends.



4. What was the hardest thing about learning to live together?

Balancing my need to get things done with being basically the biggest procrastinator on the planet has definitely been the hardest thing about learning to live with myself as an adult. That and attempts to ever be on time.

5. Who takes longer to get ready in the morning?

I take either ages to get ready or 20 minutes. Before work I've basically been rolling out of bed with no time for anything but a basic shower and stopping by the 7-11 for two minutes to grab some chocolate milk. On the weekends, I like to laze around and read in bed, make myself something good for breakfast, and then finally, eventually, get showered and dressed. Sometimes that's not until after I clean my place, too.

6. Do you usually eat breakfast together?

I only like eating breakfast once I've been awake for awhile, and even then I'm not fond. I usually have chocolate milk once I get to work and then I wait for lunch for actual food. On the weekend, I am more likely to have breakfast, but I do sometimes skip it.

7. Do you ever share clothes?

Not often. Most recently with Kari/Lindsay when we were going out in Toronto.

8. Who does most of the cooking?

I know y'all think I have to say me, but the true answer is the ajumma's working in little Korean restaurants within a 5 minute walk of my building. I eat out a lot.

9. Who usually takes out the trash?

I do, though I once stuck it outside my door to take out the next morning and I'm guessing the cleaner came along, or I have really sweet neighbours, because it disappeared.

10. If you have pets who usually does litter box or poop patrol?

I have a plant that needs watering. Usually no one does it. Then I notice that it's been a month and the leaves are drooping and I feel horribly guilty. What I need is a cactus.

11. Which one of you is more likely to answer the phone when it rings?

I do, but I am all about the caller ID. Sometimes I just let it go, especially if I am still sleeping and can't be arsed waking up to answer.

12. Who’s in charge of the remote if you're watching TV together?

My TV is basically there to hold up the stuff I've put on top of it. The remote is stored in the side of the couch. I am supremely in charge of what I download and watch, though my selections are also guided by what Jen has to give me.

13. Who usually drives when you go out together?

I can't drive. Whoever is with me, the ajoshi driving the taxi, whoever drives the subway... Most of the time I walk; it's only on weekends that I use transportation. Aren't I kind to the environment?

14. Which one of you takes care of spiders and bugs that get into the house?

Me, though I'm not fond. However, I'm a lot less squeamish than I used to be.

15. Facing the bed, who sleeps on which side?

I sleep on the right side, unless I've left the computer in bed with me, in which case I move to the leftish bit of the middle. It's a giant bed. I often have the computer, a stack of books, and a bottle of water in it with me while I sleep.

16. Who usually checks the (postal) mailbox?

The front desk staff - I use my work address. At home, all I get is bills, so I only look around bill time.

17. If something breaks or goes wrong in the house, which one of you is more likely to either fix it or call someone to fix it?

Since moving to Korea I have fixed my own plumbing and rewired something, only because the building standards do seem to be that dodgy. When I accidentally managed to flush the cap to my shaving cream down the toilet, the front desk called a plumber for me.

18. Who is generally the neater of you?

I am pretty neat. I have a fairly high tolerance for my own clutter (and absolutely no tolerance for other people's, so it's a good thing I live alone.) I have been pretty neat this year, since I tend to clean in tiny spurts, which means it's usually pretty tidy, though seldom spotless. Right now the only thing needing doing is the floors.

19. Who handles the checkbook/pays the bills?

That's all me.

20. What was your last fight/disagreement about?

My last disagreement with myself was likely over how late I stayed up on a school night.

21. When you slow dance together, who leads?

Ha! I'm more into the hiphop.

22. What do you love the most about your other half?

My sense of adventure and interest in living an unusual life.

No comments: