Monday, September 29, 2008

Dazed And Confused

These pain meds they gave me are either very good or having had a broken toe for several weeks already, I was already accustomed to having a constantly sore toe and am just enjoying the lack of pain. Either way, I'm a bit spaced out.

It turns out I can visit my good friend Kim Jong Il without any worries of metal detection issues. When my boss translated my info sheet, it turns out that it's not a metal pin they've stuck in there, but some sort of odd material that will eventually dissolve into my foot.

What kind of material is hard enough to hold my bone in place and then dissolve? I find it a bit of a gross idea, actually. Almost as gross as the appearance of my toe with all these stitches - and they will all just dissolve away too. My poor boss had to look up the translation on the Internet for me - I'd google and put a link up here but I'm feeling very lazy. And spaced out.

In other news, I only have a couple of report cards left. I'm leaving them off until tomorrow, because I have to first mark their SAT prep essays and those are going to take some time. They suck. Suck. The thing when teaching ESL is that it's hard to predict if fluency in English is going to translate out into any particular skill at using English. So far, this particular class isn't that impressive - and the two French boys are a horror to mark. Their vocab choices are incredibly odd and I often can't figure out what they are trying to say.

I'm glad the new TV season has started. I'm going to have a lot of lying down time.

No comments: