Thursday, December 11, 2014

Review: The Works of Edgar Allen Poe Volume 2


The Works of Edgar Allen Poe Volume 2
The Works of Edgar Allen Poe Volume 2 by Edgar Allan Poe

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I think I've now read Poe's most famous stories, which is interesting since I've got vol.s 1, 3 and 4 to go. A few of the stories were really similar to each other - for example The Tell-Tale Heart and the one earlier in the collection where the character does almost exactly the same thing at the end. I do like how he has this long lead up to what's going on because in the good stories, this adds to the suspense. In the ones I liked less though it was really tedious.

Let's blame the baby for the fact that this was meant to be read in October, as my plan was to read a volume each year. Didn't expect it to take until December! Oops.



View all my reviews

No comments: