Thursday, November 14, 2013

Review: Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth


Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza Aslan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Usually when I bemoan the lack of exciting sci-fi options in real life, I'm thinking along the lines of the hover cars from The Jetsons, but this book made me wish that there was some way to be a fly on the wall of someone else's brain. What would it be like to read this as a Christian? A Jew? A Muslim?

This atheist quite liked the book. The only real problem I had with it is more with myself - I have no idea how to evaluate the possible validity of the claims he makes, though the notes certainly suggested he's well-read (and I have a huge Kindle complaint - why not link endnotes to the end of the chapter they relate to? It'd be super easy and I'd rather read them then.)

It took me a while to plow through this, but not because I wasn't enjoying it, though it didn't compel me to pick it up right.damn.now.



View all my reviews

No comments: