Sunday, September 01, 2013

Review: Infidel


Infidel
Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I am totally the right person to read Infidel, I suppose - an atheist with a real hard-on for travelling and life in other cultures.

When people talk about all the white male atheists being the only spokespeople, they need to direct people over here. Her path from Islam to non-belief is fascinating.

I found her take on Islam interesting, because it doesn't at all jibe with what I saw (at a distance, granted) in Malaysia and Indonesia at all. I wandered around in my low-cut tank tops and had not a single problem. So I don't think it's all of Islam, but since I'm pretty open to the idea that religion in general is bunk and leads to silliness, it works for me.

Plus, her life is just so interesting.



View all my reviews

No comments: