Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review: The Hangman's Replacement: Sprout of Disruption


The Hangman's Replacement: Sprout of Disruption
The Hangman's Replacement: Sprout of Disruption by Taona Dumisani Chiveneko

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



We'll start this off by saying that the author gave me a free copy of this book for a review. That my ratings are unaffected by this is shown by the fact that the only other free book I've been given to review I gave 2 stars to. The Hangman's Replacement deserves every last one of those stars, as far as I'm concerned. The plot is fun and funny and fascinating in the manner in which a group of seemingly unconnected people turn out to be stuck in the very same web of intrigue. The book started off strong, with some of the funniest, driest humour I've read in some time and as each layer of complication was added, I got more excited. I can't wait to read the next book.

Plants that seek out dead bodies, a hangman with a determination gene, angry spirits, a "perfect" gallows - it's a bizarre set of things that turn up in this novel, but they all come together well.



View all my reviews

No comments: