Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review: Watchmen


Watchmen
Watchmen by Alan Moore

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I've only read a handful of graphic novels (Maus, Persepolis, Pyongyang) and have long intended to read something more comic-y. The Big Bang episode inspired me to finally do it and this is what I had on hand.

At first I felt like I'd been dropped into the middle of a story I didn't understand. But once I got into it, the pieces started making sense and it does all come together at the end. It's very smart, this comic. The gore factor was impressive too, with the raft of corpses and the immediacy of the blood.

It certainly wasn't a fast, easy read as I'd been expecting. And I didn't love it, though by the end I liked it well enough. And the various forms of media interspersed in the comics - the memos and letters and book excerpts were interesting too.



View all my reviews

No comments: