Monday, April 02, 2012

Review: Please Look After Mom


Please Look After Mom
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



If you ever want to think about how you take your parents for granted, this book will start you off. I really enjoyed it, though the timing of the read was to finish it while I was still in Korea and that turned out to be unimportant. The Korea of this book is not my Korea. Mom would only be twelve years older than my own parents and thus the narrators not too much older than myself, but the world they describe seems almost impossible to relate to the place I live now. It makes me marvel once again at how amazing those generations of Koreans are to have gone from the devetations of the wars to the Seoul I have lived in over the past 6.5 years.



View all my reviews

No comments: