Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: The Night Eternal


The Night Eternal
The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This was pretty decent and all, but I really found it dragged. It was like I hit a point where it seemed so obvious what had to happen but there was a substantial percentage of the book still to read. And, total spoiler but the bit at the end when Eph and Zack die felt like such a cop out to me. I wanted some sort of dramatic showdown, or an after where they have to improve on their clearly fucked up selves, but nope. They just get to stare into each other's eyes and croak.

Oh, and I am now SUCH a kindle convert. It took me a wee while to get used to it, but now, I'm in. I managed to read the end of this while standing in the rain waiting for the hashers to finish trail, and I could not have held the umbrella and an actual book at the same time.



View all my reviews

No comments: