Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review: Lolita


Lolita
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I bought a copy of Lolita when I lived in Seoul. Four or five people borrowed it and no one finished it. They all disliked it.

I liked Lolita quite a lot but it's taken forever to read it. I've contemplated that it could be because I read it on my kindle and I sort of wonder if I read slower on it. I've thought it might just be the book because after the first section when the wife dies a lot of the tension leaves the narrative and I had a bit of a sense that I was just waiting for the relationship to end. I enjoyed the travelling sections well enough until Lolita's departure. From there I got quite bored, though that death scene is something else.



View all my reviews

No comments: