Sunday, March 06, 2011

Gay Stirfry

For about the last month, it feels like every gay person I know in Seoul has had one thing on their mind: eating at Bao, the tiny new stir fry restaurant in Kyungridan. I too have been trying to go and check it out, but every time I went, it was mysteriously closed. I was always with straight friends and I was starting to wonder...

Turns out, it's closed on Tuesdays. Good to know.

I finally made it tonight - with the Sappho Sisters book club. I hadn't read the book, but it was nice to meet everyone and the next book is one I'm dying to read (and one I already own) "Nothing to Envy", the latest book on life in North Korea. We stopped by What the Book afterwards, and then three of us dropped into Tartine's for pie and coffee.

I had a great night and Bao is fabulous - I'll have to get back to sample all the other sauces.

No comments: