Thursday, January 20, 2011

Novel

I've found a new way to hibernate this year. Unlike last winter, when I would regularly get home on a Friday night and not leave the apartment until Monday at noon for work, this year I'm taking more of a mental hibernation.

I go to the hashes, I've been spending most of my weekends on extended sleepovers at April's house, and I go out a few times during the week for dinner or whatever, but my mind has been hibernating.

I normally am all about the New Years resolutions - not because I think that they are effective in terms of follow through, but because I like the way it makes you take stock of where you are and what you might want to have come next. For me, they've always gone hand in hand with a mental review of the past year.

But a lot happened last year, particularly towards the end, and it hasn't been stuff I've felt ready to blog about. I think I might be getting there though, and I know I need to get around to making some plans, because things need to change.

Hopefully, my mental spring comes soon. Hibernating may be an important part of the process for me, but I'm ready for it to end soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say I miss you, though of course it's good to take time to care for yourself... I've been trying to run regularly again, and wondering how you're getting on with it yourself.