Tuesday, June 12, 2001

My first promotion - a slightly better paid lackey

My friend Deb is stuck drinking American beer. We have a joke here in Canada-how is American beer like making love in a canoe? It's fucking close to water!

I just got promoted to section leader at one of my jobs and got a 65 cent raise, making me feel very guilty as it is an ice cream shop and I will be leaving at the beginning of august and not staying the whole summer. They do know I was thinking of leaving soon... Anyway, I am a big ball of guilt, having also been promoted above several employees who have been around much longer (though they are younger). The drawback to the whole thing is I am now working Monday to Friday all the time, which means I work for 13.5 hours each day, five days a week-I do have weekends off now.

As you can see from my work schedule, I don't have much of a social life. Not many exciting folks in Bolton anyway. I have my first full day off in four weeks this Sunday and I want to go shopping-not to spend my money though, I am saving for Scotland.

I am off to bed at an insanely early hour-after a quick beer and TV show.

No comments: